Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Take Care of Yourself

The difference between prevention and treatment is significant. We understand the concept…I know we do. I see people getting oil changes, paying for warranties and keeping their things clean. I see people making sure that they are preventing problems and taking care of their cars, appliances and homes on a regular basis. We do these things without even thinking about it. Why do we take care of our belongings? We take care of them to prevent damage and to keep them working like new. We take care of these things because we don’t want them to break down. If they do break down, we don’t want to have to replace them.

Interesting concept? It makes sense, doesn’t it? What doesn’t make sense is the way we treat ourselves. I don’t understand why we don’t take the same approach with our bodies, minds and personal lives. Now, I could go on and on about what is wrong with the way things are. I could continue to point out issues and flaws, but I don’t want to. I am tired of hearing about how “bad” things are. Between the economy, health care system (and every story on the news), there isn’t much good news out there.

Well, I have some good news for you. You can be healthy and happy. We can all be healthy and we can all be happy. We are in control over our health. Whether you want to improve your physical, mental, emotional, financial, spiritual…any kind of health, you can improve it. You can do it by setting goals and putting energy into your health. Just think about how happy we would be if we put as much energy into our health as we did into the stress and turmoil that surrounds us.

I think the world would be a better place. In fact, I know it would be better. If nothing else, we would all be better equipped to handle the world because we would be taking care of ourselves. We would pass those principles on to our family and friends and they would do the same. Pretty soon, we would all be healthy and happy. The world would be healthy and happy.

Now, I would never be accused of being too “rah-rah” or overly spiritual. I would consider myself to be more logical or “realist”. For that reason, I do hope that this idea holds more power considering the source. Me, not being someone that spends all day contemplating my spiritual being or preaching philosophy from the mountain tops, I feel that this is coming from more of a logical or “realist’s” point of view.

The logic and the reality: we are in control of our health. If we take and use that control we will be happier. If we are happier, the world will be a better place.

3 comments:

Ask A Nurse said...

True...the surroundings and life also matters to our health.Health is truly wealth,and the positive energies do matter to our health.

Electronic Medical Records said...

There is no gift as gift of a fit body and a sound mind...so we have to take care of these too very well and that's all well in our control.

Buy Propecia said...

Good thought ...it pays to take care of your health because that is something which serves you a life time of sound living.