Monday, December 1, 2008

Having a Healthy Day

If you’ve gotten email or left a message for us, then you’ve heard the phrase, “Have a healthy day”. We are not the only ones to use this. I have heard fitness and other health centers use this to close their outgoing messages. While having a healthy day is not unique to Byrd Wellness Concepts, it is a high priority.

The reason that having a healthy day is a priority is self-explanatory, but I still wanted to revisit it. As a health coach, I am working daily to help people have healthy days. You’ve heard me say that health is something you do as opposed to something you are. Not only is it something you do. Hopefully it is something that you choose to do. It’s not enough to want the results; you have to take the actions in order to have a healthy day.

I like to use the phrase as a reminder to all that we are able to choose what kind of day we are going to have. I myself need a reminder at times, just like my clients. We are all human and have certain obstacles that make it more difficult to live healthy. By focusing on the day to day routine, we can get over those obstacles and keep progressing.

That is why the daily reminder of having a healthy day, each day keeps us focused on the choices we have. Despite the challenges and the fact that some days are more difficult than others, we can do something today that will help the cause.

So...Have a Healthy Day!

No comments: